Two Nudes in Red

Here's a painting that I found lying around the studio, Two Nudes in Red. It's oil on canvas, using the alkyd variety.

I remember thinking about Picasso a lot during this one. Aside from having a cool name, Picasso is an artist who has always inspired me. In this painting, I felt like playing with his forms, trying to pick his brain.

Another inspiration behind this is Leonardo. I see a connection between the two artists, I think in their obsessive inventiveness and apparent ease of production. I alluded to it with Leonardo's famed finger pointing up. So, in case you were wondering ... no, she's not giving the finger. I didn't get the finger wrong!


Two Nudes in Red
Oil on canvas, 50 x 70 cm

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's what you call art! :)

robobop said...

Thanks liz!