Moleskine: Sketches from Japan

Some more pictures from Japan. After arriving in Japan, we hit the road again and traveled to the west side of Japan, Kyushu island, and little islands off that. Funnily enough, I didn't get to draw as much as I wanted to because of the amount of traveling - airplane, bus, car, train, ferry - you name it! It was a fabulous, peaceful time, like a dream.


Lots of traveling means lots of passengers. A good opportunity to study faces and bodies. Luckily, I didn't get caught in the act - I think Japan brought out my inner ninja.


I like stamps, those ones you press into the ink and then stamp the paper. In Japan they're everywhere so you could see in a lot of pages I couldn't resist adding them.


Cheri's grandparents, plus my expense tracking for the trip. Its really easy to blow major yen in the shops there.


Tsuyoshi, on Hirado island. A view from my window, with Haga Yama (literally, bald mountain) in the background. I climbed this mountain 4 years ago but sadly this time I had to retreat because there were too many snakes!

1 comments:

Zipadeedoodle said...

Lovely drawings.... I really like the way they develop, and are over drawn to show movement and different view points.... So jealous ;-)

What size book do you use....?