Illustration Friday: Propagate

Here's my illustration for the new Illustration Friday topic of "Propagate".

I was sitting on a bench one day, watching pigeons peck away at breadcrumbs as I thought about the word "propagate". I remembered the definition as to multiply, to produce, and I was interested in how pigeons multiply in the cities.

The urban sprawl and the pigeons... so I guess the relationship of the propagation fascinated me in this image. I found this old collage lying around my studio and decided to use it as a background as it contained a nice urban reference.


Propagate
acrylic and collage on canvas board

6 comments:

Andrew Finnie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrew Finnie said...

Let me rephrase that. Love the textures and the clever use of the orange dots against the blue of the bird!

cheers

Kinga said...

Can't add too much to the previous comment - honestly, it is very hard to do a really good and meaningful collage, but you definitely did it without any flaws. Happy to be here and look at your works.

Mamzelle Rouge said...

Very nice artwork! Great.

robobop said...

Thank you for your comments.

Andrew - I'm glad you like the textures and dots. I don't know where the orange dots came from, but it was one of those cases of it just working!

Kinga - Collage is an amazing medium and I'm happy that you enjoyed my versions. I know what you mean about getting a meaningful collage, and its almost like the action of collage itself has to suit the intentions. Something I definitely want to do more of.

Manzelle - Thank you!

Laurel - Happy you like the shapes! I actually had trouble adjusting the shapes during the process.

Louise said...

This is really nice! It's so full of life and character.