Art Exhibition: Strong @ Affirmation Art Gallery

One of the shows I was excited to catch in my first few days in New York City was Strong at Affirmation Art. This show contained work from James Jean, Dalek, Doze Green, Keith Haring, Shepherd Fairey, Jeff Soto, Ron English...























Here are some details of the paintings:

James Jean has been a big influence for me so I was happy to finally see one of his paintings live. I really enjoyed the bravura of his brushstrokes, and how he is bringing everything to the surface, as well as that crazy imagination he always shares with us.


























Doze Green:























Ron English:




























Shepherd Fairey:






















Jeff Soto:



4 comments:

Andrew Finnie said...

Hey I really love some of this work. thanks for sharing this one.

I do simple landscapes which I'm trying to break away from...

robobop said...

That's great Andrew! I'm glad you got inspired by these artists. One of the main themes of the exhibition were that the artists had a street art or illustration background, and this style is often featured on magazines like Juxtapoz. Anyway, I'll edit the post to include some links to the artists websites so you can check them out in more detail.

Andrew Finnie said...

Thanks Rob, great day here in Newcastle :)

robobop said...

Its a great day here in Melbourne too! Winter is drifting away.