Illustration Friday: Dessert

My entry for this week's Illustration Friday theme of Dessert.

What I enjoy most about Illustration Friday is that I can play and experiment with things that have been on my mind. For example, a lot of my illustrations have people in them, so I decided to have no people in this one.

I've also been really intrigued by the subdued colour harmonies of old Belle Epoque era prints, Toulouse-Lautrec probably being the most famous example. This is another aspect I tried to incorporate, and its actually a lot harder than it seems to get the right balance.











































Dessert
Ink and Photoshop

3 comments:

Amanda Dilworth said...

Really love the subtle use of colour in your illustration, fab style too.

poppylocke said...

A lovely idea, beautifully executed!

robobop said...

Thank you Amanda and poppylocke! I'm glad you enjoyed it.