Running Man

Here's an illustration about training in urban environments - jogging and running. I chose to show a low viewpoint of a man running, making a splash as he makes his way through the city.

In terms of colour, I opted for a softer, more harmonious palette. I felt this provided a more harmonious, early morning feel which suited the illustration.

The final illustration:












































Running Man
Graphite + Digital Colour (Photoshop)

The illustration process. Though I've been working in ink recently for my linework, I did this one in graphite. It has a softer line which I sometimes prefer.




























Running Man
Graphite on paper

And here are the flats and colouring stages, each on a different Photoshop layer. All of them combined, plus some textures and late tweaking to get the final illustration.




0 comments: