Artist Details: Phillip Guston

I feel like I just came out of a dark room.

After a few months of working 12 hours a day, I've cut down to normal hours. Which means I have time to do things. Or to even see the sunlight. Hence the dark room analogy...

Anyway, I was going to throw some drawings up but I wanted to share these first. I enjoy taking photos of different artist's paintings, close up; a fascinating perspective into the very essence of their 'handwriting'. So, over time, I'll continue to share what I have but lets start off with Phillip Guston, an artist I particularly enjoy.

Its fun to look through his oeuvre and see how he moved from style to style, all the while developing right up until his late period. I especially love his adoption of the cartoon into his work.

Enjoy:





0 comments: