Exploration

The brief for this illustration was something about "the joy of exploration, as well as the danger."

Two boy scouts in dark, strange woods was the idea I built on. I wanted the plants to look strange, like nothing seen before. I think the blue-orange colour scheme helped express that - I've been working hard on my colours recently, trying to make them active participants in expressing the illustration.


Exploration
Photoshop CS3, 21 x 27 cm @ 400dpi

Initially I wasn't happy with the first version of the illustration. It lacked oomph and didn't communicate the message strongly enough. Looking at the older picture you can see how I cropped the picture to center the action, intensified the plant life and changed the boys to scouts.



{This illustration can be viewed on the Robobop website here}

0 comments: