Jikininki

Last year, I was contacted about doing a short ghost story comic for a startup magazine. I was excited, and proposed the idea of doing a comic based on one of the Oriental Ghost Stories, written by Lafcadio Hearn. They loved the idea and I was off. But, as these things happen, the mag went kaput. I was halfway done on my comic, and so shelved it for awhile. But I was having so much fun with it, I decided to finish it. I mean, even though nothing came of the mag, at least it gave me a taste of creating a comic, which is something I always wanted to do.

So here it is. It's called Jikininki, adapted from the short story of the same name.




3 comments:

Nikira said...

Beautiful! I am enjoying your story. Wonderful drawings. I think if you do the whole story, someone will want it to publish.

robobop said...

Thank you Nikira!
It's a short story (9 pages) so maybe I can get it published in an anthology of some sort. Most of it is finished so expect more shortly.

Anonymous said...

Where can I find rest of comic? There is only three pages.